Robbi went back to Hopkins on Tuesday 4-27-10 after spending Monday night in her local ER with several problems related to her ascites, she was full of fluid all over from her face to her toes. She left the ER and went to Hopkins @ Hopkins request and was admitted to be tapped to get some of the fluid off of her. Once she was there they had problems finding a good "pocket" to drain the fluid from, it appeared to be kind of spread throughout and they had not one good spot to drain it from. They gave her some albumin IV and then they did a couple attempts to tap her in the room but were unsuccessful so got a portable sonogram to see if they could find a pocket with that and try it again, which was not successful so they decided to take her down to the sonogram department and get a real sono and look for a pocket there. Which, as of last night (Wednesday)still hadn't happened. The news this morning is they did find a pocket and marked it on her skin and sometime today will drain her from that spot. At any rate they said once she is tapped they want to keep her at least 2 days more for observation, and they said they were going to be giving her some blood products also.
I have no idea how her labs are. But, I imagine not too great. Her spirits are so-so, and she does have her laptop with her.
So depending on when the tap happens, plus 2 more days after that or so, I am guessing she might be home end of the weekend or Monday, I don't know.
Thank you for your prayers and concern for Robbi.