Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

(NOTE: Old picture from when she was in ICU , taken on the 17th)
This was Robbi's right arm in ICU right after she got out of the first surgery. I have never seen so much tubing and IV's in one person. Hard to look at that when it's your family and especially your child. They had her hands tied down so she wouldn't pull her breathing tube out. She hated it, of course.
***************
BUT today she is doing great. I am home and Mike is with her but she said she had a HUGE regular diet breakfast and told me all she ate. She will probably be up and walking off and on a lot today because she is anxious to get the fluid off her butt and lower extremities. Its all gone south and she is determined to get her old body back. When Robbi's determined, just get out of the way! Her Pastor from home, Randy, came to see her today and they let him take Robbi outside in a wheelchair for a little bit. On day 6!!!! :o !!
I am going back tomorrow and her sister is riding with me, and then her sister is riding back with Mike and I will be staying a couple of days while Mike is at home with his girls and his parents.
So I won't be able to post again from Hopkins but will play catch-up like I just did yesterday and keep this up to date.

Robbi's Mom

2 comments:

S. Duesler said...

Well....I showed hubby that pic and he said her arm looked like an off ramp for a free way drawing.......YIKES!!!!

Seriously......I'm surprised she didn't just start squirting after awhile!!! Didn't think you could play pin cushion like that!!! In fact I could have gone without knowing that!!! I'm going to have nightmares now....thank you!!!

I bet after this she'll start twitching every time she sees a dart board!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is really amazing. Robbi looks so much better in each picture. Poor girl, all those IV's and lines, but before you know it, she'll be home with her girls and enjoying her life again. God Bless you all! My cousin had a kidney tp last year, and the change in him is also amazing, from before to after. It's like he was so miserable then, and he's come alive now. You are all still in my prayers, thanks so much for the updates!
John's mom (WS)